Automotive & (E)-Mobility
For your specific connection technology in the automotive and e-mobility sector, you can rely on Suyin’s 40 years of experience in the development and production of customized connectors. With our expertise in automotive technology, project management and our quality management certified according to IATF 16949, you can safely bring your ideas to the road.
Nearly all renowned top-tier suppliers and OEMs around the world rely on Suyin’s services. Our workflows are perfectly adapted to the development of customer-specific solutions. In-house toolmaking and a transparent and promptly communicating project management team make prototypes and production samples quickly available.
Rapid adaptation to change requests, extensive quality testing in our in-house ISO-17025-certified independent test laboratory, and our experience in building automated production lines all contribute to bringing your ideas to the market quickly and safely.
Here we show you selected examples of connectors especially developed and produced for customers in the automotive and e-mobility sectors. Our account managers and product engineers are at your disposal with fast, straightforward solutions ideally suited to your needs.
Suyin – make it possible.
Suyin’s custom-made connectors for e-power management modules such as DC/AC traction power inverters, bidirectional DC/DC converters, and high-voltage battery management controllers meet all the requirements for the aggressive environmental conditions in vehicles such as vibration, temperature fluctuations, and humidity.
- Seal protection up to IP6K9K achieved via insert-molded contacts with application-specific back-potting
- Housing material allows high working temperatures up to 150 °C
- Vibration resistance up to 40 G achieved via rigid-flex cable connection between boards
- High torque force beyond your requirement for cable lug or busbar connection to 12 V (KL30), 48 V (KL40) and GND (KL31/KL41) via class-10.9 bolts
- For PCB mounting, Suyin offers both solder mounting connectors with optimized plating selection to reduce tin whisker risk, and certified press-fit contacts.
For the design of electric powertrains the efficiency of the electric systems is of utmost importance to achieve the maximum possible driving range, power consumption efficiency and shortest charging times. In the domain of electrical efficiency, one key area is the efficient thermal management of connectors – reducing temperature rise while being lighter in weight and less bulky than conventional connectors.
With our customized connectors for next-generation mobility, Suyin is highly engaged in supporting the development of a more sustainable and safe future.
Conventional ICE Powertrain
Suyin’s custom-made powertrain connectors withstand aggressive environmental conditions in vehicles such as vibrations, temperature fluctuations and humidity. A particular advantage of Suyin custom products is the integration of several individual connector interfaces into one multi-connector with high contact density and multiple contact sizes. This reduces the effort required to assemble and seal the individual connectors in your production and also makes the management of your supply chain much more efficient.
- Seal protection up to IP6K9K achieved via insert-molded contacts, with back-potting
- Ultrasonic-welded venting membrane to avoid humidity caused by air pressure changes in your device
- Production, inspection and packing in a clean room to meet customer cleanliness requirements
- Audible click feature confirms the connection in position even under blind mating
- Connector housing material allows high working temperatures up to 150 °C
- Meet automotive specifications VW75174 (LV214) and USCAR-2
Suyin custom-designed connectors support various steering control systems like electric power steering, steering wheel locking and steering angle sensors:
- One single connector with multiple interfaces including torque, CAN and power contacts eases your challenge to meet the leakage level of the whole control unit, increase your production efficiency, and to also reduce effort and cost in your supply chain compared to separate connectors
- Insert-molded contacts and back-potting ensure IP6K7 sealing class
- Angled interface and contact design allows maximum flexibility of your system’s mechanical design
Driving Assistance and Safety
Suyin designs and produces custom connectors for driving assistance and safety applications, which include connectors for
- Steering wheel locks
- Multi-purpose camera control systems
- Sensor technology
- middle- and long-range radar
- ultrasonic sensors
- light detection and ranging sensors
- laser image detection sensors
- wheel speed sensors
With changeable tooling inserts and automation fixtures, we can flexibly adapt to additional design options, including various poka-yoke coding features as well as housing colors to avoid mismatching.
Suyin fulfills the required cleanliness standards for safety-critical components.
Custom connectors for
- Front & rear lighting control units
- Interior lighting
- Ambient lighting control units
High retention forces and various IP-level requirements combined with smallest form factor are some of the typical challenges that Suyin solves for leading automotive lighting specialists worldwide.
Interior and Body Control
Suyin connectors for automotive interior and chassis systems are suitable for various purposes such as:
- Body control modules
- Roof console control units
- Seat control units
- Various sensor control modules
Multiple interfaces combined into one single connector increases your production efficiency while reducing complexity, effort and cost in your supply chain.
Infotainment and Connectivity
Through the targeted selection of materials and platings, as well as insert-molded contacts and gaskets, Suyin improves the technical level of standardized consumer connectors widely used in infotainment and connectivity applications, meeting the high quality standards of the automotive industry.